The modules are designed to provide health professionals with:
- an introduction to FASD including characteristics and manifestations
- an understanding of the risks and effects of alcohol use in pregnancy and how to assess alcohol use in pregnancy
- information needed to conduct a diagnostic assessment using the three diagnostic criteria
- general principles for discussing the diagnosis, developing a management plan and supporting families and individuals after a FASD diagnosis
- an understanding of referral and screening criteria for FASD
The development of Australian Guide to the Diagnosis of FASD and the eLearning modules were led by the University of Sydney and Telethon Kids Institute and funded by the Australian Government Department of Health.
Please send an email if you have any questions regarding the content or issues with the modules.
Read more about the Project Teams and Partners