One of the recommendations from the CRE Mid-Term Review was to facilitate more engagement between the early and mid-career researchers working in this field. In response to this a two-day workshop was held in December 2019. The CRE covered flights to/from Sydney and 2 nights accommodation for researchers outside Sydney.
The purpose of the workshop was to:
- connect with colleagues to share updates and form new collaborations
- learn about ideation, creative thinking and facilitation
- generate fresh ideas about how a national research network can be effective and sustained
The program included:
- Lightning talks - opportunity for all attendees to give a brief update on their research. 5 minute talk with maximum of 3-slides.
- Guest speakers
- Professor Marian Baird AO Professor of Gender and Employment Relations, Presiding Pro-Chancellor of the University of Sydney, Head of the Discipline of Work and Organisation studies and Co-Director of the Women, Work and Leadership Research Group in the University of Sydney Business School
- Britt Hartnett Director of External Engagement, Cicada Innovations. Cicada Innovations partners with ANU, UNSW, USYD and UTS to bring together the best minds in science, industry and business to support visionary deep tech innovators to validate, commercialise and scale high impact technologies globally.
- Creative Thinking – Tools & Techniques
- Identifying special interest groups and working together on ???
- Collective Brainstorm – Beyond 2020