NOFASD Australia is an independent not-for-profit charitable organisation funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. They are the national peak organisation representing the interests of individuals and families living with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD).
NOFASD's vision is the prevention of alcohol exposed pregnancies in Australia and an improved quality of life for those living with FASD.
The organisation provides:
- support for individuals/parents/caregivers/families before, during and after a diagnostic assessment
- free online and telephone support and advocacy service
- website with resources for individuals, parents/caregivers and families
- series of YouTube videos
- education and training workshops to a wide range of audiences (includig school staff) across Australia. The content and format of each workshop is tailored according to the level of knowledge of the group and specific need
- fact sheets about common behaviours and ways of managing these behaviours
Contact: Louise Gray
Phone: 1300 306 238
Other organisations and individuals
The Russell Family Fetal Alcohol Disorders Association (rffada) is an unfunded, national, not-for-profit health promotion charity dedicated to prevention and ensuring that individuals affected prenatally by alcohol have access to diagnostic seervices, support and multidisciplinary management planning in Australia and that parents and caregivers are supported with a "no blame no shame" ethos.
Contact: Elizabeth Russell
Phone: 0412 550 540
FASD Consultants represents a national group of people who share a common interest in FASD. They offer education, training and support at affordable rates and free support and referral to individuals and families.
FASD Parent Support Groups
There are a number of face to face and/or Facebook parent support groups in Australia. Listings for these can currently be found on the following sites: